MPIO PolicyMember Protection Information Officers (MPIOs)
An MPIO is responsible for providing information about a person’s rights, responsibilities and options to an individual making a complaint or raising a concern. They can also provide information and advice to sport administrators and complaint handlers with regard to the Member Protection Policy of that sport. MPIO’s are generally impartial and don’t mediate or investigate complaints. There are MPIO’s in every club, association, branch, referee branch and Football NSW. Read about MPIOs – The unheralded Heroes of Sport – news article The MPIO can play a key role in ensuring football is safe, fair and inclusive. MPIO’s do this through ensuring club people and administrators know their rights and responsibilities and ensuring relative policies and processes are followed. MPIO’s should familiarise themselves and apply the requirements of the FFA_Member_Protection_Policy Dec2012.
There is a FREE online course to help MPIO’s.
Follow these steps to complete the MPIO course:
- Block out time to complete the course. The Online Course takes a total of 4 hours maximum. You can start and stop at anytime and resume your course.
- Access the Online modules.
- Once the course is completed you will receive a completion certificate that has your online certification number (you need to keep this).
- To complete your training you also need to attend a Face to Face workshop and you can find the next course through the Play by the Rules website or by contacting Shannon Dixon, NSW Sport & Recreation Ph: 02 9006 3760 or email email@example.com
- On completion of the Face to Face workshop you will receive your workshop certification number. You will need both this number and your online certificate number to finally Register as a Member Protection Information Officer to receive your Certificate of Recognition.
For workshop enquiries please contact Shannon Dixon at Sport & Recreation. Phone: 02 9006 3760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Training & resources available from the Football NSW website:
If you are an MPIO and need advice or support, please contact your local Association or Michelle Hanley, State MPIO at Football NSW. Phone: 02 8814 4402 Email email@example.com
Click here to check the status of all Wollongong Council grounds
Click here to check the status of all Shellharbour Council grounds
Click here to check the status of all Kiama Council grounds
Where & when am I playing?
Balgownie Junior Football Club Incorporated ABN: 91 822 455 631
Clubhouse: Para Street, Balgownie
Postal address: PO Box 157, Fairy Meadow, NSW 2519