Registration refund policy
The intent of this policy is to provide some clarity about how refunds will be granted, to give a mutually amicable outcome for the Club and the Individual.
Junior Football players who register with BJFC for the coming season but do not play part or all of the season, may be entitled to a full or partial refund of their registration fees based on the reason for not playing out the season.
The cut-off date for full refunds is the close of registrations for the year, as determined by FSC.
The cut-off date for partial refunds is prior to the commencement of Round 1.
The decision to refund is determined by the BJFC Executive Committee, based on the guidelines below.
If the decision is disputed by the claimant, it will be taken to the next General Meeting, where a vote will be conducted by those entitled to vote at General Meetings (as stated in the Club’s Constitution).
Applications for a full or partial refund need to be made in writing to the Club’s Secretary.
BJFC will only refund monies paid to the Club. If a player has utilised the Active Kids Rebate as part of their registartion, the Rebate may be able to be transferred to another club.
A full refund may be given for the following circumstances:
- The Club cannot place the player into a suitable team i.e. not enough or too many players for their age group, or up to 2 years above their age group (based on FSC “playing up” Policy)
- The player’s personal circumstances change i.e. moving away from area
- The player becomes injured or ill and it’s predicted he/she will not play again this season
- A player is selected into higher FSC Representative Teams i.e. SAP, Regional Development Teams, Wolves, Stingrays or higher.
A partial refund may be given for the following circumstances:
- A player chooses to leave and play for another Club
- A player decides not to play. However, if this occurs prior to the FSC component being paid to FSC, and prior to Round 1, a full refund may be given.
Partial Refund Amount
The partial refund amount is to be equal to the total registration fee minus the FSC component and an administration fee of 25% of the Club’s component
Partial Refund = Total Registration Fee – FSC Component – 25% of BJFC Component
Other circumstances that are not listed above, will be assessed by the BJFC Executive Committee taking into consideration the reason for a refund and the expenses incurred by the Club.
> It is not the Club’s intention to make a profit out of players not playing for the Club
> The Club won’t stand in the way of players who do not wish to be part of the Club
> The refund policy is intended to ensure the Club is not out of pocket due to refunding registration fees
Click here to check the status of all Wollongong Council grounds
Click here to check the status of all Shellharbour Council grounds
Click here to check the status of all Kiama Council grounds
Where & when am I playing?
Balgownie Junior Football Club Incorporated ABN: 91 822 455 631
Clubhouse: Para Street, Balgownie
Postal address: PO Box 157, Fairy Meadow, NSW 2519